So I was informed that I was nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award. Who knew? Thanks to The Ranting Liberal and Miss Edee who both were kind enough to do so. There are some rules to being a recipient which I will explain in just a second, but first I want to thank these folks for nominating me because it made me click on the some of the other people they nominated and do some more reading on a variety of different topics. I guess that’s the idea, and I like it. So thanks!
1) I have to nominate 15 other bloggers for the award (SPOILER ALERT: which will be tricky and you’ll see at the end that I need to read more blogs)
2) Let these nominees know about it
3) Share 7 random things about yourself
4) Thank the blogger who nominated you
5) Add the Versatile Blogger Award pic to your blog post
So I shall begin….
Seven random things about me:
1) I am trained to operate a variety of heavy construction equipment such as excavators, bulldozers, backhoes, skid steers, front end loaders etc….I was doing this for a real job at the tender age of 23 and yes I certainly was the only young lady doing this job on any of the several jobsites I worked on. (Thanks to my Dad who never had any sons so I filled in)
2) I’ve never eaten a McDonald’s burger and was the only kid in my grade 3 class who didn’t participate in the McDonald’s 1x week lunch program. OUTCAST!
3) I’m really into socks. I particularly enjoy pattern socks and festive holiday socks. I go out of my way to wear holiday socks for the month of whatever holiday is going on.
4) I have anxiety being a passenger when someone else is driving. It’s not that I don’t trust people, I just like to have control of the wheel. (but i’m not an insane screamer of a passenger, it’s just that my heartrate goes through the roof and I often have to put my head between my legs)
5) I have started and stopped weight watchers more times than I can count and have decided that I am happy just the way I am. (mind you I have become more active and eat a lot healthier) and I still think Weight Watchers is a great program for people!
6) I was held at knife point by a drunk foreign guy while I worked at a hostel in Belfast N.Ireland 10 years ago and obviously lived to tell about it!
7) I have a collection of Wookiee action figures (mostly Chewbacca but I do have others) and I am secretly building a Wookiee army.
So now it is time to nominate other bloggers: (and I’d like to pick some of the folks I found from my nominators but I know they too have been nominated so I will do my best to nominate outside of the box)
Malavika She’s a “medical student by day, psychic diva by night”. Doesn’t that sound interesting?
a nickel to tell me A poet with “many personalities” including a Roller Derby Girl! THAT I am into!
Kate Spanish is a fashionista by day and a nurse by night. A fun blog about making up a unique and vintage style which is definitely fun.
sweetandweak According to him he’s a “I am a husband and a dad of two little girls. I am a lone Y chromosome and am already planning my
escape strategy to deal with the estrogen flood that is on its way.” Doesn’t that sound like a good read?
inpursuitofrealfood is a great blog about healthy food, fitness and nice pictures of delicious looking food. One of my first subscribers so I hold a special place for them in my blogging heart.
themiddlestsister is a new one I stumbled on thanks to Freshly Pressed. This is an amazingly talented blogger who does a web-comic “Each comic is painstakingly cut and pasted from scrap paper and other garbage I find in the junk drawer and recycling bin”. How neat is that? Check it out!
adayinyvetteslife a fairly honest and open-book blog about a young lady who “is ready to get her life started”.
Honestly I have to update this when I have more to add to my list of 15. I honestly don’t follow enough blogs but I am motivated to get some more on the go. So consider this part 1 of my acceptance speech 🙂